Phone: 1800 668 368
If you have to move anything within Australia, explore the advantages of interstate backloading. Working with a dedicated removalist, you will find that backloading provides a cost effective approach to moving your possessions. This is especially true when long distances and less than a full truckload is involved.
What is Backloading
Removalists use backloading to increase efficiencies and reduce costs of moving goods within the country. The term refers to filling a removalist truck with the belongings of two or more families to fill unused space and ensure that the truck is completely full. This means that the cost of the move is shared. There will be multiple customers paying for the fuel, the truck and the driver.
This is quite different from a direct removalist business, where one customer pays for the entire move from the pickup to the destination, and then for the return of the truck as well. Everybody benefits from backloading. For the company, the truck is full and there is no loss of income from loads that are under capacity. Customers are happy, because they receive discounted backload prices. This also means that it becomes feasible for customers to move everything from a single piece of furniture to a complete household.
Interstate backloading is most popular, because greater distances are involved, and this means greater discounts can be applied. Sometimes goods are stored in a container. This kind of transport makes it easier to load and unload, and also allows opportunities to ship by rail as well as truck, to maximize savings.
Many established removalist companies offer regularly scheduled interstate backloading to and from many parts of the country, often making detours to nearby areas as demand requires. This means that a customer can expect cross country coverage, and punctual deliveries.
Choosing an Interstate Backloading Company
The price quoted for an interstate backloading move will be important. But there are number of other considerations affecting the company you will choose:
• the company is accredited with the Australian Furniture Removal Association, to help ensure quality service and proper insurance
• the quote is based on and attached to your furniture inventory, to ensure the price stays the same at the delivery point
• the removalist has a good history and reputation in the business
• the company has connections across the country, ensuring a seamless long distance move
• there is access to interstate damage insurance
• the terms and conditions spell out any potential extra costs
• approximate transit times are included in the information received
With due diligence, you can be assured of a cost effective and efficient interstate backloading move.